Information we collect about you
We may collect Personal Information, including Sensitive Data, and other information. “Personal Information” means individually identifiable information that would allow us to determine the actual identity of, and contact, a specific living person. Sensitive Data includes information, comments or content (e.g. photographs, profile, lifestyle) that you optionally provide that may reveal your ethnic origin, nationality, religion and/or sexual orientation. By providing Sensitive Data to us, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of Sensitive Data as permitted by applicable privacy laws. We may also collect your geolocation information with your consent. We may collect this information through a website, mobile application, or other online services. By using the Service, you are authorizing us to gather, parse and retain data related to the provision of the Service. When you provide personal information through our Service, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States, India and countries around the world where data protection laws may differ.
Information you provide.
In order to register as a user with Sameedh, you will be asked to sign in using your Facebook login, Google login or email address. If you sign in using Facebook, you authorize us to access certain Facebook account information, such as your public Facebook profile (consistent with your privacy settings in Facebook), your email address, interests, likes, gender, birthday, education history, current city, photos, personal description, friend list, and information about and photos of your Facebook friends who might be common Facebook friends with other Sameedh users. You will also be asked to allow Sameedh to collect your location information from your device when you download or use the Service. In addition, we may collect and store any personal information you provide while using our Service or in some other manner. This may include identifying information, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information. You may also provide us photos, a personal description and information about your preferences for recommendations, such as search distance, age range and gender. If you chat with other Sameedh users, you provide us the content of your chats, and if you contact us with a customer service or other inquiry, you provide us with the content of that communication.
Fair collection of personal data – type of data
- Data related to your identity: The registration form must be completed in order to access the Services. You are required to provide some personal data when registering.
- You may also provide The Company with a mobile phone number in order to receive text alerts as well as a step within our profile verification. In all cases, your e-mail address, and phone number shall not be visible or available to the public.
- Location Data (geolocation): The Company’s primary function and goal is to enable users to find the priests nearby, in order to facilitate virtual or real life meetings to perform religious services. You will be asked for permission to collect and process your geolocation in order to allow The Company to identify other users who agreed to geolocation.
- Transaction Data: The Company does not collect or process any bank data. PayPal has opted to refrain from sending certain data to websites, which includes any banking and financial information. Such data is collected and processed solely by PayPal, and The Company does not have the option of changing this payment method.
- Mobile Data: When you use the Application, The Company collects server logs which may include information such as IP addresses, operating systems or application crashes.
Use of technologies to collect information. We use various technologies to collect information from your device and about your activities on our Service.
Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser or device when you visit our Service. This information could include your IP address, device ID and type, your browser type and language, the operating system used by your device, access times, your computer or mobile device’s geographic location while our website or application is actively running, and the referring website address.
Cookies and use of cookie and similar data. When you visit our Service, we may assign your device one or more cookies or other technologies that facilitate personalization to facilitate access to our Service and to personalize your experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your activity on our Service, such as the pages you visit, the time and date of your visits and the links you click. If we advertise, we (or third parties) may use certain data collected on our Service to show you Sameedh advertisements on other sites or applications.
Pixel tags. We embed pixel tags (also called web beacons or clear GIFs) on web pages, ads, and emails. These tiny, invisible graphics are used to access cookies and track user activities (such as how many times a page is viewed). We use pixel tags to measure the popularity of our features and services. Ad companies also use pixel tags to measure the number of ads displayed and their performance (such as how many people clicked on an ad).
Mobile device IDs. If you're using our Service on a mobile device, we use mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer) instead of cookies, to recognize you. We do this to store your preferences and track your use of our app. Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted. Analytics companies use device IDs to track information about app usage.
How we use the information we collect
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver and improve our products and services, and manage our business;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support; perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our or others’ products, services, or content;
- communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- develop, display, and track content tailored to your interests on our Service and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites; website or mobile application analytics;
- enforce or exercise any rights in our Terms of Service; and perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- pass on to businesses who we feel in our absolute discretion provide services that would be of interest to you
With whom we share your information
Information Shared with Other Users. When you register as a user of Sameedh, your Sameedh profile will be viewable by other users of the Service with whom you are in contact. The priests with whom you are in contact will be able to view information you have provided to us directly or through Google or Facebook, such as your Facebook photos, any additional photos you upload, your name, your age, approximate number of miles away, and your personal description. If you select a priest through the Service, that priest will be able to view the information you have provided to us and you will be able to communicate with that priest in order to arrange his or her performance of worship services. If you communicate with the priest, of course the priest will see the content of your communication. Sameedh may offer users the option to create playlists of their prayers. The users creating these playlists will be able to share them with other users at their discretion.
Service providers. We may share information, including personal and financial information, with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, analytics, user screenings, supporting our Service functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our Service. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
Other Sameedh group businesses. We may share information we collect, including your profile and personal information such as your name and contact information, photos, interests, activities and transactions on our Service with other Sameedh group companies.
Other Situations. We may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Terms of Service or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- To our employees, consultants, contractors, subcontractors, professional advisors, insurers or agents if we believe that this would be beneficial for Sameedh or its group companies.
Aggregated and/or non-personal information. We may use and share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information, or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, with third parties, including advisors and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis, marketing, or other business purposes. For example, we may engage a data provider who may collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized content. The cookies may reﬂect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us (such as your email address), that we may share with a data provider solely in hashed, non-human readable form. We may also share your geolocation information in de-identified form with Sameedh companies and third parties for the above purposes. To opt out of the sharing of your geolocation information, please discontinue use of the Sameedh service.
Do Not Track disclosure
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information we collect and that is why we provide the opt-out links above. However, we do not recognize or respond to any DNT signals, as the Internet industry works toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
How you can access and correct your information
If you have a Sameedh account, you have the ability to review and update your personal information within the Service by opening your account and going to settings. Applicable privacy laws may allow you the right to access and/or request the correction of errors or omissions in your personal information that is in our custody or under our control.
We will respond to requests within the time allowed by all applicable privacy laws and will make every effort to respond as accurately and completely as possible. Any corrections made to personal information will be promptly sent to any organization to which it was disclosed. In certain exceptional circumstances, we may not be able to provide access to certain personal information we hold. For security purposes, not all personal information is accessible and amendable. If access or corrections cannot be provided, we will notify the individual making the request within 30 days, in writing, of the reasons for the refusal.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Service because such information may be required in order for you to register as user; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions.
Our Service may also deliver notifications to your phone or mobile device. You can disable these notifications by going into “App Settings” on the app or by changing the settings on your mobile device.
You can also control information collected by cookies. You can delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. Click “help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.
How we protect your personal information
We take security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, chats, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email.
You agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues, such as security breaches. We may post a notice on our Service if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us.
Information you provide about yourself while using our Service
We provide areas on our Service where you can post information about yourself and others and communicate with others. Such postings are governed by our Terms of Service. Also, whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly-viewable pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. The Company cannot be held liable for data published on its platform and disclosed by a Member/user.
Although our Service is a general audience Service, we restrict the use of our service to individuals age 18 and above. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under the age of 18.
Onward transfer and consent to international processing
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your personal data, including sensitive data, by Sameedh from your region to countries which do not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in countries in the European Economic Area, including the United States. By providing your personal information, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
No Rights of Third Parties
How to contact us